Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moving Forward - The Day I Lost my Champ

C.H.A.M.P. - Champion in Attendance Maintenance Program

For five years and eight months, I was a Champ. Our company even recognized my effort for maintaining a perfect attendance for all of those years.

Today, is the day I lost my Champ....much as I want to feel sorry for myself...I know sooner or later that I have to let it go.


Why? Because I realized that the more I cling into it; the more I take for granted the other opportunities that are manifesting in my very eyes...

I was liked a horse whose eyes are partially covered - I keep on aiming on what my visions can see....even if it's the same thing over and over again.

It's over now and I just have to let it go...otherwise, it would eat up my whole system. A lot of my co-pioneers used to be so desperate to be in my position when I was still a champ....Yet, today, if you look at them; you will notice that by letting go of that feverish desire; they have achieved more than they can dream of....

I wish to be like them...

And so....for one last time, I look back at what my being a champ gave me - a Digital Camera, a trip to Palawan, a trip to Hongkong, trip to Bohol and a DVD Player plus thousands of pesos accumulated from each month that I have completed a perfect attendance. Perfect attendance for being a champ means no lates; no overbreaks, no emergency leaves, no sick leaves and no undertimes.

I also earn the adulation of other employees and yes....the envy of some of them....including the people who I thought where my friends.

Tough as it may seem to accept; I mentally list down what might I gain for letting go of my champ...

My time will now be more flexible and not tied by rules; I can now call in for sick leave and not pretend to be okay when I knew I'm not, If something important came up, I can ask for an undertime or an emergency leave, I will now have more attention towards fulfilling my other dreams and looking for other opportunities outside of my job - such as pursuing my graduate studies and researching for some timely and appropriate small business.

I also realized that since I lost my Champ; I had to be more focused on where I spent my money now...for almost six years...I did not save any of the cash incentives I got for maintaining my perfect attendance. I just spent them as I pleased.

It also dawn on me that I can actually buy for myself those things that my champ can give me....If only I can learn to better manage my finances (since I am still supporting my family) - I can have trips abroad, trips on local tourist spots and even the gadgets.

By also watching carefully over my finances; I also learned that I have more than enough to compensate for what I lost (Php 1,000 every month) and just have enough to save for the rainy days.

In short; no matter how hard it may be to accept (for me) that by letting go of one thing that binds me to my work seriously; My visions were cleared to better see the vast opportunities that awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment